BMW F30 Video in Motion Coding
Video in motion is a great feature that can be enabled by coding on your F30 and all the other F series cars, though the module name and values will differ.
If you want to learn how to code, the software and hardware required check out our guide here.
This feature was disabled by BMW in the default settings because of safety concerns but you can enable it for the passenger to enjoy watching a DVD. By coding you are also saving a lot of money because you don`t need an emulator or other expensive hardware to unlock the feature.
- Open up Esys and select as target F020 without DIRECT
- Read FA, right click and Activate FA
- Read ECU (the modules list will show up)
- Select the HU_ENTRY, HU_CIC or HU_NBT module, right click and select “Read coding data”
- Then select the CAFD file, right click and select “Edit FDL”
Search for the following values and modify them accordingly:
NOTE: You will find all the values above just in the HU_NBT unit, the HU_CIC will contain just the first two but that`s not a problem, if they don`t exist they`re not needed. The important thing is that Video in Motion aka DVD in motion will work.